Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Skirts

I stumbled upon this pattern for a lazy day skirt. Others have said that you can actually make it in the time it takes to make dinner. I would agree....if I didn't have so many interruptions and if I wasn't making two at the same time. I am happy with how it turned out mainly because it was so easy to make. Actually it was so simple I wouldn't even consider it a pattern. However, next time I make it I will make it a little shorter so that it hits right at the knee. I was trying to give the girls extra coverage and it just ended up making the whole thing look baggy. Also, I think I would like it better if the material had a smaller print. I would also like to try it where the fabric is solid and the ribbon has a print or pattern to it. So these will stay in the closet for couple of years until everyone grows into them a little more. The whole point of sharing this with you is if there is someone out there who would like to try their hand at sewing....this would be a great project to start with.





It is a good idea to have your fabric kid tested and approved if you want them to be excited to wear it!







I know I have mentioned making pajama pants before but I have to admit I am obsessed with them. I thrifted these flannel pillowcases and immediately thought they would make cozy winter pajamas for S and G. They are quickly becoming their favorites as the weather gets colder. This would be another easy sewing project for someone to start with. All you need is an existing pair of pants to copy. I so glad I stumbled across this tutorial.

1 comment:

Alivia's Momma said...

I was in Mommalicious (on Queen Street) today and they have to coolest vintage pillowcases and sheets. You have to check it out.