Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year we had Thanksgiving at our house for the first time. It was the largest sit down dinner we have had. Finding a place for everyone to sit was harder than I thought it would be. See what I mean? There was another table attached to the left of this photo.




I am happy to say that I think that everything went pretty well. We ended up eating an hour later than planned but everything tasted pretty good so it wasnt a total loss. Why is it so hard to get everything hot at the same time? I guess it takes years. I had lots of great helpers for the crunch time at the end. Thanks to my neices for their help as well. One helped me with the prep work the day before and the other the day after to clean up the aftermath.
We tried some new things like singing a hymn and a prayer said in unison. I think it gave special meaning to the day. Thanks to my husband for putting together some amazing booklets for everyone. Even if staples messed up the amazing font you had picked out...oh so perfect for the time period.










This Thanksgiving I was feeling particularly grateful for my children and realizing once again the enormity of the miracles that they are. Thank You Lord for choosing us.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh april...it has nothing to do with years of cooking turkey dinners (it must be quantum physics). NO ONE can get all the food on the table hot. your table looked absolutely beautiful. you should have included the after photo as well, now that would have been funny. gigi

Parmer Clan said...

April,
WOW! Your table is gorgeous...and I know the food was super yummy, bc Ive eaten your food before!! I did Christmas for the first time, but next year, Im going to actually think about the table too!! (I was just happy the food was done and good!) Thanks for the inspiration. Youll have to tell me about the books and other things at the table. Missing you terribly. AND Im hoping we can get together so you can give me a tutorial on my new sewing machine and maybe pick a project we can both do...what do you think!?!?